Autumn Heights Health Care Center of Denver, ColoradoWelcome
Life Enrichment Activities
Autumn Heights Health Care Center has been serving families from Denver and Englewood since 1964. We also take care of our neighbors from Littleton, Sheridan, Lakewood and Bow Mar. Our nursing home team works every day to create a healing environment and uplifting atmosphere so residents can focus on achieving their highest level of health. You'll find a special combination of hometown compassion with clinical knowledge and skills.
"I've been in many nursing homes and this is the best."
We're pleased to announce that our Autumn Heights team recently received the American Health Care Association National Quality Award Program Commitment to Quality Bronze Award.
We're honored to be a teaching facility hosting Concorde School of Nursing LPN students during their geriatric rotation and RN leadership candidates.
If you've had a hospital stay as a result of an illness or injury and need short-term rehabilitation, why not transition back to your home from our community? Find out more about Medicare benefits in the Official Medicare Handbook (pdf).
For those you may know who are no longer able to care for themselves at home let us help them create a home at Autumn Heights Health Care Center with long-term care.
There are times when a patient no longer benefits from curative treatment. In these instances we work closely with community hospice specialists to provide compassionate care so the individual can live as fully and comfortably as possible at the end of life.
It's not just our services but how we provide services, that is the Autumn Heights Health Care Center difference. Our clinical staff adds "caring" to their knowledge and expertise to offer the following specialties
- 24-hour skilled nursing care
- Post-operative and rehabilitation care
- IV therapy
- PICC lines
- Tube feeding
- Tracheostomy care and other respiratory services including C-Pap
- Specialized wound care management/wound vacs
- Pain management
- Diabetes management, renal failure and liver failure
- Clinical support for dialysis patients
- Antibiotic therapy
- Restorative nursing
- Respite care
- Hospice care
We believe an important part of successful therapy is the positive relationship between therapist and patient. Our therapists challenge, encourage, motivate and support patients as they set and work toward their goals. Our short-stay program is designed to help patients heal, gain strength and transition home.
- Physical Therapists help patients reach their highest level of independent mobility and learn how to prevent injury.
- Occupational Therapists work with patients to improve their command of activities of daily living.
- Speech & Language Pathology specialists assist patients in achieving improved quality of life through assessment of language, swallowing and/or cognitive disorders.
Life Enrichment Activities
Being engaged in activities is good medicine. We take our fun and games seriously! Want to learn something new? Why not try painting or arts and crafts? How about a challenging game? Reserve your seat for a live musical performance.
- Special events
- Live entertainment by talented musicians and singers
- Daily exercise programs
- Spiritual programs
- Games for fun and challenge
- And more...
Amenities help make your stay at Autumn Heights more comfortable. Our goal is to create a healing environment.
- Spacious private and shared rooms
- Library with sitting areas and wireless internet access
- Private family sitting room
- Billiard room
- Chapel available for private or group worship
- Recreation room with projection television and games
- Aviary and aquarium
- Landscaped courtyards
We believe nutrition and socialization equal an enjoyable dining experience. The talented Autumn Heights culinary staff prepares what's good for you and makes sure you have menu options. Family members and friends are welcome to join us for breakfast, lunch and dinner. We love creating special occasions and celebrate with food, of course:
- Birthday celebrations
- Ice cream socials
- Family potluck dinners
- Seasonal celebrations
For those whose physician orders special or restricted diets you can count on our staff to create menu options designed to support health and healing.
At Autumn Heights Health Care Center we care for the people you care about. Give us a call. Come for a tour. Let us know how we can be of service to you and your family. Call us at 303-761-0260.